ClamAv 0.96 is out

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sat Apr 3 21:31:20 IST 2010

Doc Schneider wrote on Sat, 03 Apr 2010 11:47:51 -0500:

> Nope lstat has been in there for a long time. Jules may have changed the
> way it works in the later versions?

I'm talking of lstat() in clamd. It sounds like you think I thought of MS.

> I spoke to someone using postfix and
> an older version of MailScanner and they aren't having this issue.

That is to be expected as MS changed from using a fixed working dir to a
dir changing each time some months ago.

> I'll try
> it with the latest stable to be sure it isn't something in the beta code
> causing this, I doubt it but never hurts to try.

I'm using the lastest stable. There is somethign new in clamd and I think
that's an additional lstat() call that wasn't there before. Or nobody
noticed this harmless error earlier and it only gets attention ebcause of
the enw clamav. I can't say if I saw it before. I haven't run MS --lint for
some time as I don't need to, MS is always working for me -)
Let's wait what Jules has to say next week :-)
Kai