ClamAv 0.96 is out

Iulian L Dragomir iulianld at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 11:29:16 IST 2010

I made one more test.

Test 4

I uninstalled the 0.96 version of clamav / clamd and installed the old
one ( 0.95.3-1.el5.rf). I cleaned up the signature folder and  set up
the local socket details.
I changed back the permission for the /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming to :
name                        perms            owner  group
=============================
incoming                   drwxr-xr-x     root     clamav

Also i changed in MailScanner.conf the settings of incoming work dir to:

Incoming Work Group = clamav
Incoming Work Permissions = 0640

The reason is this : for pattern matching reading wrights of the PID
folders should be sufficient.

MailScanner --lint is producing now the folowing results:
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = auto"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamd
Filename Checks: Windows/DOS Executable (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
Clamd::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature :: ./1/eicar.com
Virus Scanning: Clamd found 1 infections
Infected message 1 came from 10.1.1.1
Virus Scanning: Found 1 viruses