Betr.: [OT] MailScanner and SSDs

Amelein at dantumadiel.eu Amelein at dantumadiel.eu
Mon Oct 26 13:26:43 GMT 2009

Considering the limited amount of writes you have on an SSD still I'd say that using SSD's for an MTA would not be the best idea.
Mail servers handle lots of tiny files so in that view SSD's would be perfect with their low access times, everything is possible as long as you stuff enough money into it :-)
If its just for archiving I'd suggest a raid 5 or 6 array with cheap sata disks. (5 can handle 1 disk failure, 6 can handle 2, add hot spares depending on how secure you want the data)
I think the same principals apply as for a fileserver, it depends on how much file IO you are expecting to have and the kind of data on it.

-
Arjan

>>> Op 26-10-2009 om 13:06 is door "--[ UxBoD ]--" <uxbod at splatnix.net> geschreven:

Hi,

Does anybody on the list use SSDs as the storage for a MTA ? Would be very interested on hearing your views on the matter.

Best Regards,

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

SplatNIX IT Services :: Innovation through collaboration