[OT] MailScanner and SSDs

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 13:21:40 GMT 2009

2009/10/26 --[ UxBoD ]-- <uxbod at splatnix.net>:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody on the list use SSDs as the storage for a MTA ? Would be very interested on hearing your views on the matter.
>
> Best Regards,

Unfortunately not... But I imagine it'd be a case of putting
everything (that can reasonably fit) on the SSD, and is
write-intense... MTA queue dirs, MS work dir (including any SQLite
thingies, but excluding quarantine), SA & Clam/other AV work/tmp dirs
... And whatever your MyQSL would need (perhaps the entire thing,
depending on the size of the SSD)... possibly your DNS cache too......
At least granted that the SSD is fully protected.
Should make noticeable difference:-).
Agree that it'd be fun to hear if someone has done this, and if so
what of the above they opted to place on it.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn