MailScanner and SpamAssassin together causes Exterme CPU usage

Steve Campbell campbell at
Thu Oct 15 19:08:51 IST 2009

I had a problem that took forever to resolve. I, too, was using KAM for 
many months, when all of a sudden my machine started to creep and crawl. 
I started removing different things and monitoring, and replaced them 
back into the scheme of things when they didn't help. Once I removed 
KAM, things got better significantly.

I didn't replace it and haven't had the problem since. I don't know why 
it started happening, and I don't know what the daily download might 
have included that particular day, but I'm attributing it to a 
combination of KAM and perhaps my version of Perl.

I know there are a lot of people still using KAM without problems, so 
I'm guessing that it's just my particular combination of things here 
that triggered it.

Steve Campbell

More information about the MailScanner mailing list