MailScanner and SpamAssassin together causes Exterme CPU usage
glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 20:13:27 IST 2009
2009/10/15 Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>:
> I had a problem that took forever to resolve. I, too, was using KAM for many
> months, when all of a sudden my machine started to creep and crawl. I
> started removing different things and monitoring, and replaced them back
> into the scheme of things when they didn't help. Once I removed KAM, things
> got better significantly.
> I didn't replace it and haven't had the problem since. I don't know why it
> started happening, and I don't know what the daily download might have
> included that particular day, but I'm attributing it to a combination of KAM
> and perhaps my version of Perl.
> I know there are a lot of people still using KAM without problems, so I'm
> guessing that it's just my particular combination of things here that
> triggered it.
> Steve Campbell
Probably memory-related, in your case too... Removing a significant
set of rules (like KAM) probably put you in the clear again:-).
email: glenn < dot > steen < at > gmail < dot > com
work: glenn < dot > steen < at > ap1 < dot > se
More information about the MailScanner