MailScanner and SpamAssassin together causes Exterme CPU usage

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Thu Oct 15 18:00:08 IST 2009

Alex Neuman wrote:
> By "sorted it out" you mean "swept it under the rug", right? ;-)

LOL; I might use that as a sig ;-)

Here's a metric I use all the time; with 'Log Speed = yes' take the
batch time e.g.

Batch (10 messages) processed in 31.83 seconds

And divide the number of seconds by the number of messages e.g. 31.83/10
= 3.183 to give you the average number of seconds per message.  If the
resultant number is >10 then you have a problem somewhere that you need
to track down.

Regards,
Steve.