Need help from Exim users

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 01:10:07 IST 2009

2009/10/2 The Doctor <doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>:
> Well Postfix is not doing the anti-spam I was
> hoping it would do and the 'jailing' is not working.

?
Postfix could do hoops, but only if configured correctly... same goes
for _any_ MTA. So what would you gain by a switch? MTAs are complex
beasts, even without UCE measures, and adding MailScanner (wonderful
as it is) does add more complexity. Bottom line is that you'll need
read a lot to get the best from any MTA you choose to use. Did you?
Will you?
A plain vanilla PF install, with a plain vanilla MailScanner install,
will likely not get the best out of the system. Neither will a plain
vanilla Exim install.

Then again, if you find Exim simpler to grasp, why... more power to you;-).

> I elect to go to Exim.
>
> What do I need to get get RBLS, virtual E-mail and stuff working
> before adding MailScanner?

Cheers
--
-- Glenn