Can not release mail from the quarantine

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon May 25 15:11:19 IST 2009

2009/5/22 Ismail OZATAY <ismail at ismailozatay.net>:
> Hi ,
>
> Today I could not relase some e-mails from the quarantine to user. Normaly
> every time it works without any problem. I am trying to release this mail
> with mailwatch interface then then from the command line like this;
>
> sendmail -t -i <
> /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20090522/spam/n4M6sPZS032539.
>
> But it could not send. When i checked the maillog i saw that ;
>
> "May 22 15:45:44 avgw sendmail[15702]: n4MCifOl015702: lost input channel
> from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1] to MTA after mail"
> "May 22 15:45:44 avgw sendmail[15702]: n4MCifOl015702: from=x at y.edu, size=0,
> class=0, nrcpts=0, proto=SMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=localhost.localdomain
> [127.0.0.1]"
>
> I have just tried to release a different quarantined mail and it worked
> properly. What is happening ?
>
> Thanks
>
> ismail

Perhaps something is funny with that file, making your sendmail
command choke. Is it exceptional in any way? Very long lines, single
line ".", very large or containing some 8-bit ... or perhaps isn't a
real message at all?
If nothing pops out, put it in a pastebin for us to look at.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn