(2nd Request) Disable scanning for a client that connects

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 23:23:02 IST 2009

1. You should smarthost your MailScanner server to your ISP now that
you are on DSL and considered "dialup" by most receiving Internet mail
servers.  This may require setting up authentication with your ISP
account.
2. You should still scan your authenticated email since it's possible
for one of your authenticated machines to get infected with an email
worm.  Do your part to prevent SPAM/viruses/worms from coming out of
your system.
3. Setup your SpamAssassin rules to subtract a few points from email
originating on your MailScanner server to "trust" your authenticated
users slightly.
4. Never whitelist an entire domain unless it is your last option.  If
some spammer ever finds this out, they can wear you out by spoofing
this domain.  If you have to do this, don't do it for common domains
-- only unique/specific ones.

Dave