advice on upgrade-- missed somethin

Benedict simon simon at kmun.gov.kw
Sun May 24 13:39:16 IST 2009

Dear All,

 I Have the following setup running fine for about a year or so on a
 single server.

Centos 5 (final)
 DNS bind-9.3.4-6.0.2.P1.el5_2 as my DNS server
 sendmail-8.13.8-2.el5 as my mail server
 MailScanner ver 4.66.5
 jules easy package Clam-0.92-SA-3.2.4
 pyzor-0.4.0
 razor-agents-2.84
 mailwatch-1.0.4
 httpd-2.2.3-11.el5_1

 all the above is workin fine .

now i would like to upgrde to the latest MS stable version and also the
stable clamav 0.94 nd SA 3.2.5 package

since this is  live server i would highly apprecite if  cd get some advice
and steps about upgrading the MS version to the latest stable version and
also the other required pckages
basically i would

1) stop sendmail and mailscanner
2) download and install jules latest ClamAV 0.95.1 and SpamAssassin 3.2.5
easy installation package)
3) download and install mailscanner(4.76.25-1)
4) run command upgrade_MailScanner_conf
5) run command upgrade_language_conf

1)jus wann know if latest clam av + SA will run on my current OS or do i
have to upgrade any OS related files

2) had missed out in my earlier post.

do i need to uninstall mailscanner or clam av+SA or i could jus install on
top of the curent versions

 MS was installed from tar.gz package

Thanks and reallly wd apprecite your advice

regards

simon

--
Network ADMIN