advice on upgrade-- missed somethin

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun May 24 18:23:31 IST 2009

I would keep your MailScanner.conf somewhere to point
upgrade_MailScanner_conf at, and replace your tar.gz of MailScanner with
the RPM for RedHat distribution of MailScanner. If you copy your
/opt/MailScanner/etc directory to /etc/MailScanner before you start, and
set the %rules-dir% path and other paths at the top of MailScanner.conf
to point to /etc/MailScanner directories, then moving to the RPM
distribution should be much easier.

This is assuming you meant you just did a non-RPM install of MailScanner
before, for some reason, and didn't do an RPM install of MailScanner.

On 24/05/2009 13:39, Benedict simon wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>   I Have the following setup running fine for about a year or so on a
>   single server.
>
> Centos 5 (final)
>   DNS bind-9.3.4-6.0.2.P1.el5_2 as my DNS server
>   sendmail-8.13.8-2.el5 as my mail server
>   MailScanner ver 4.66.5
>   jules easy package Clam-0.92-SA-3.2.4
>   pyzor-0.4.0
>   razor-agents-2.84
>   mailwatch-1.0.4
>   httpd-2.2.3-11.el5_1
>
>   all the above is workin fine .
>
> now i would like to upgrde to the latest MS stable version and also the
> stable clamav 0.94 nd SA 3.2.5 package
>
> since this is  live server i would highly apprecite if  cd get some advice
> and steps about upgrading the MS version to the latest stable version and
> also the other required pckages
> basically i would
>
> 1) stop sendmail and mailscanner
> 2) download and install jules latest ClamAV 0.95.1 and SpamAssassin 3.2.5
> easy installation package)
> 3) download and install mailscanner(4.76.25-1)
> 4) run command upgrade_MailScanner_conf
> 5) run command upgrade_language_conf
>
> 1)jus wann know if latest clam av + SA will run on my current OS or do i
> have to upgrade any OS related files
>
> 2) had missed out in my earlier post.
>
> do i need to uninstall mailscanner or clam av+SA or i could jus install on
> top of the curent versions
>
>   MS was installed from tar.gz package
>

> Thanks and reallly wd apprecite your advice
>
> regards
>

> simon

Jules

- --