Bug Report: Remove These Headers

Hilario Fochi Silveira hilario at soliton.com.br
Tue May 19 23:34:36 IST 2009

Before the bug, what I had was a
remove.headers.rules file with instructions like
the ones bellow for each domain:

# For each domain:
From:   *@domain1.com.br
# And again, for each domain:
To:     *@domain1.com.br
Confirm-Reading-To: Delivery-Receipt-To:
Disposition-Notification-To: Errors-To:
MDRcpt-To: MDSend-Notifications-To:
Read-Receipt-To: Receipt-Requested-To:
Return-Receipt-To: Status: Smtp-Rcpt-To:

When I created those rules a year ago, I thought
that as the "From" rules do not exclude the
receipt requests headers, it should allow our
hosted domains to request receive receipt, but
silently remove those headers on reception. It
works (worked before the bug) for every emails
received as well as all emails sent UNLESS the
sent email also has a copy to some of the domains
we host. In that case all headers are removed on
the OUTGOING emails as well. But that we did not wanted !

But my biggest problem is that the file does not
work anymore at all. As far as I can tell it is a
bug or incompatibility introduced in version 4.75.11-1

Regards,

Hilário
P.S. Is this the correct place to report MailScanner bugs?