Delete with MailScanner based on header

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed May 13 23:18:50 IST 2009

On 13/05/2009 12:53, Alvaro Marín wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using a plugin in SA that does an "eval:check_msg()" and adds a header
> with add_header. In that header there is information about the scanned
> mail (if it's spam
> or a virus).
>
> I see that isn't any option in MailScanner's configuration to do an
> action based on a header added by SA, something like "SpamAssassin Rule
> Actions", so I've thought to do a custom function for MailScanner to do it.
> The idea is see if this header has "virus" as value, and if this occurs,
> delete the message. Is this possible?
> Where are SA's headers stored (I see that $message->{headers} are
> original ones only)?

MailScanner does not allow SpamAssassin to modify the message. However,
you can have a SA rule and then have a "header" action in the
SpamAssassin Rule Actions setup.

SpamAssassin is the wrong tool for determining if a message is a virus.
Maybe you want to use the "generic" virus scanner that MailScanner
allows you to implement yourself?

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng