Change envelope sender for forwarded messages?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Mar 24 17:27:57 GMT 2009

on 3-24-2009 10:10 AM John Wilcock spake the following:
> I'm trying to set up selective forwarding to an external account to
> enable my boss to receive mail on her mobile phone. Her key requirement
> is that the original sender mustn't be aware that the forwarding is
> happening, and in particular must not receive a nondelivery notice even
> if her external mailbox is full.
>
> In other words, I need to change the envelope sender on forwarded
> messages. I've tried various solutions, including a forward action in a
> ruleset on Non Spam Actions, but the original envelope sender is unchanged.
>
> I'm open to all suggestions, in MailScanner or elsewhere on the server
> (running postfix and dovecot). I've also tried postfix's
> recipient_bcc_maps or a redirect action in a dovecot deliver LDA sieve
> filter, but in all cases the envelope sender is used unchanged and I
> can't see any way to rewrite it.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> John.

You aren't supposed to be able to change it. That is why you are having so
much trouble. You will probably need to write or get someone else to write it
for you.
Does your boss realize that she won't be able to reply to these messages?

What kind of phone does she have? Can it be set to pull from an IMAP or pop3
account?

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and