Change envelope sender for forwarded messages?

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Tue Mar 24 17:10:45 GMT 2009

I'm trying to set up selective forwarding to an external account to
enable my boss to receive mail on her mobile phone. Her key requirement
is that the original sender mustn't be aware that the forwarding is
happening, and in particular must not receive a nondelivery notice even
if her external mailbox is full.

In other words, I need to change the envelope sender on forwarded
messages. I've tried various solutions, including a forward action in a
ruleset on Non Spam Actions, but the original envelope sender is unchanged.

I'm open to all suggestions, in MailScanner or elsewhere on the server
(running postfix and dovecot). I've also tried postfix's
recipient_bcc_maps or a redirect action in a dovecot deliver LDA sieve
filter, but in all cases the envelope sender is used unchanged and I
can't see any way to rewrite it.

Any suggestions?

John.

--