Can be done with mailscanner ?

Sergio Rabellino rabellino at di.unito.it
Mon Mar 23 19:02:24 GMT 2009

Sorry if I bother you with this question, but i've not found any config
line explaining anything similar to the following:
if I would remove ALL the attachments from ALL messages, then archive
the attachments into a web accessible filesystem, and substituting every
attachment with a link to the hashed (secured with an hmac) web storage,
this can be done now with MS?

Maybe a different behaviour if the mail is coming out or getting in
would be useful, or different by domain. The Inboxes will be smaller,
and if I receive an attachment directed to 500 users, i will store only
one copy of the attachment.

What the list think about ?

As usual, thanks to JF and the others programmers for MS.
--
Ing. Sergio Rabellino

Università degli Studi di Torino
Dipartimento di Informatica