Commercial Antivirus scanner capabilities

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Wed Mar 11 16:05:45 GMT 2009

On 3/11/2009 3:33 PM, Jonas Akrouh Larsen wrote:
> Hi all
>

> I recently had to renew one of our antivirus licenses for mailscanner.
>

> And I got to thinking, do anybody use a product which on top of simple virus
> protection also
>
> includes some sort of spam protection which can be used in combination with
> mailscanner?
>

> The reason I am asking is that a lot of the AV companies got anti spam
> products so I was just wondering if
>
> Any of them could be used in combination with mailscanner to help
> spamassassin kill all the spam.
>

> Atm. we use:
>
> F-secure (Which includes kaspersky’s engine)
>
> ClamAV (Obviously)
>
> ESET NOD32 (Because we got a great deal with them)

> Of those I only know about 3rd party sigs for ClamAV.
>

> So if anybody have any tips or suggestions let me know J

Cloudmark has a very nice SA plugin, good service, great support, if you
can afford the costs. Does lots of nice magic.

Commtouch is a weird company to deal with, their stuff is FP prone.
I never got to test their SA plugin as after getting 4 mails fullof
marketing PDF fluff, they weren't willing to deliver a trial, after
filling a trial form, go figure..

McAfee's Artemis is doing good stuff as AV.

pointers may be of some use.

Alex