New wiki page

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jun 25 20:49:00 IST 2009

on 6-25-2009 12:16 PM Julian Field spake the following:
> How about we start with
>
> MTA Blacklists: Zen, BRBL, bl.spamcop.net?
If you put a blurb about blacklists, maybe you can add a bit of info about
maybe testing them in spamassassin with a small score first. For instance I
use brbl in spamassassin, because I have some users that get FP's (as far as
they are concerned) on some lists they are in so I can't use them at the MTA
unless I want to start adding stuff to the access file.

> MTA checks: no invalid recipients or domains at SMTP time, greet-pause,
> grey-listing? How to get list of valid recipients out of Exchange, or
> configure Exchange to reject invalid recipients at SMTP time?
> ClamAV: sane-security -- Which ones? Where's the table that lists the
> pros and cons? What are the basic ones that everyone should use?
http://www.sanesecurity.net/databases.htm
lists the various DB's and their relative risk for FP's. I would think a new
user should stick with the low risk ones and test the rest.