New wiki page

Gerry Maddock gmaddock at futuremetals.com
Thu Jun 25 21:16:09 IST 2009

> How about we start with
>
> MTA Blacklists: Zen, BRBL, bl.spamcop.net?
> MTA checks: no invalid recipients or domains at SMTP time, greet-pause,
> grey-listing? How to get list of valid recipients out of Exchange, or
> configure Exchange to reject invalid recipients at SMTP time?
> ClamAV: sane-security -- Which ones? Where's the table that lists the
> pros and cons? What are the basic ones that everyone should use?
> SA rulesets: SARE, KAM, sought, what others?
> SA tools: razor, DCC, pyzor?
> MailScanner Virus Scanners: clamd, other commercial fast ones?
> sophossavi, f-prot, f-secure?
> MailScanner: Don't use MCP.
> JKF tools: Version 2 of anti-phishing and anti-spear-phishing rulesets.
> DNS: Get feed of ZEN and SURBL, use one DNS server running rbldnsd for
> these zones.
>
> What else have I forgotten?
>
> Please can people start sending me links to the relevant sites/pages for
> everything I have mentioned above, together with a brief summary of what
> is legal/illegal use of anything.
Julian,

   Just wondering why you don't recommend MCP? I'm using it currently and
   wondering if I should disable it now.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and / or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of any kind is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender via reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank you.