Problem Messages

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 15 12:09:09 IST 2009

On 15/06/2009 11:17, Remco Barendse wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Julian Field wrote:
>
>> That's quite normal, it processed the message successfully (apart
>> from you needing to update your copy of ClamAV). So whatever was
>> causing your message to kill MailScanner has gone away and isn't
>> doing it now.
>
> Strange, another problem meBssage appeared over the weekend, i ran it
> through MailScanner in the same way and also this message processed well.
>
> I'm a bit puzzled why these "Problem Messages"  messages keep
> appearing but at the same time the message gets quarantined and moved
> to the quarantine properly. Is there maybe some bug in the thingy that
> controls Processing.db ? I get a new mail message reporting the same
> problem every hour or so, until i nuke Processing.db
>
> Is there any way to increase the log level of "Problem Messages" to
> get some more info from that?  (If these messages come up very rarely
> anyways, why not be more verbose)
What more info would you like? As all I know is that the message caused
MailScanner to crash somehow, there's almost no information to give you,
sorry.

I should add some code to remove the problem message from the
Processing.db when it gets quarantined though.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Need help customising MailScanner?