Problem with permissions

serejk at febras.net serejk at febras.net
Fri Jul 17 13:16:46 IST 2009

Thank you so much :) Unfortunatly, I have seen notice about
/usr/ports/UPDATING tutorial too late and have upgrade it manually. I hope,
all will work good :)

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:09:40 +0200, "Johan Hendriks"
wrote:

>Thank you for your advice. Now I`m trying to update to perl
5.10. :)

If you follow the directions in /usr/ports/UPDATING all goes
well.
 I have doen a couple of mailscannner machines and perl 5.10 works
well.

 To make things simpel

20090328:
 AFFECTS: users of lang/perl*

AUTHOR: skv at FreeBSD.org [1]
 lang/perl5.10 is out. If you want to switch to
it from, for example
 lang/perl5.8, that is:

 Portupgrade users:
 0) Fix
pkgdb.db (for safety):
 pkgdb -Ff

 1) Reinstall perl with new 5.10:

portupgrade -o lang/perl5.10 -f perl-5.8.*

 2) Reinstall everything that
depends on Perl:
 portupgrade -fr perl

 Portmaster users:
 portmaster -o
lang/perl5.10 lang/perl5.8
 portmaster -r perl-

 Note: If the "perl-" glob
matches more than one port you will need to
 specify the name of the perl
directory in /var/db/pkg explicitly.

The process will consume some time,
so make some really nice coffee and relax when the system rebuilds all the
perl ports ;-)

Links:
------
[1] mailto:skv at FreeBSD.org