Problem with permissions

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Fri Jul 17 13:22:46 IST 2009

Well after you updated the perl port and removed the old perl.
the important thing is to rebuild all packages that rely on perl.
And that are a lot of ports on a mailscanner machine !!!

This command will do so

portupgrade -fr perl

> Thank you so much :)  Unfortunatly, I have seen notice about /usr/ports/UPDATING tutorial too late and have upgrade it manually. I hope, all will work good :)

> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:09:40 +0200, "Johan Hendriks" <Johan at double-l.nl> wrote:

	>Thank you for your advice. Now I`m trying to update to perl 5.10. :)

	If you follow the directions in /usr/ports/UPDATING all goes well.
	I have doen a couple of mailscannner machines and perl 5.10 works well.

	To make things simpel

	20090328:
	  AFFECTS: users of lang/perl*
	  AUTHOR: skv at FreeBSD.org
	  lang/perl5.10 is out. If you want to switch to it from, for example
	  lang/perl5.8, that is:

	  Portupgrade users:
	    0) Fix pkgdb.db (for safety):
	        pkgdb –Ff

	    1) Reinstall perl with new 5.10:
	        portupgrade -o lang/perl5.10 -f perl-5.8.\*

	    2) Reinstall everything that depends on Perl:
	        portupgrade -fr perl

	  Portmaster users:
	        portmaster -o lang/perl5.10 lang/perl5.8
	        portmaster -r perl-

	  Note: If the "perl-" glob matches  more than one port you will need to
	        specify the name of the perl directory in /var/db/pkg explicitly.

	The process will consume some time, so make some really nice coffee and relax when the system rebuilds all the perl ports ;-)