Problem with permissions

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Fri Jul 17 13:09:40 IST 2009

>Thank you for your advice. Now I`m trying to update to perl 5.10. :)

If you follow the directions in /usr/ports/UPDATING all goes well.
I have doen a couple of mailscannner machines and perl 5.10 works well.

To make things simpel

20090328:
  AFFECTS: users of lang/perl*
  AUTHOR: skv at FreeBSD.org
  lang/perl5.10 is out. If you want to switch to it from, for example
  lang/perl5.8, that is:

  Portupgrade users:
    0) Fix pkgdb.db (for safety):
        pkgdb –Ff

    1) Reinstall perl with new 5.10:
        portupgrade -o lang/perl5.10 -f perl-5.8.\*

    2) Reinstall everything that depends on Perl:
        portupgrade -fr perl

  Portmaster users:
        portmaster -o lang/perl5.10 lang/perl5.8
        portmaster -r perl-

  Note: If the "perl-" glob matches  more than one port you will need to
        specify the name of the perl directory in /var/db/pkg explicitly.

The process will consume some time, so make some really nice coffee and relax when the system rebuilds all the perl ports ;-)