Problem with permissions

serejk at febras.net serejk at febras.net
Fri Jul 17 12:52:59 IST 2009

Thank you for your advice. Now I`m trying to update to perl 5.10. :)

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:33:09 +0100, Martin Hepworth  wrote:

Hi

this
is a know issue with perkl 5.8.9 on quite a platforms.

5.8.8 and this will solve the problem

--
Martin Hepworth
Oxford, UK

2009/7/17
 Hi!
 I`m having a problem with MailScanner installation. My
environment:
 - FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE
 - postfix-2.6.2_1,1
 - clamav-0.95.2

- p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.5_4
 - perl 5.8.9
 - MailScanner-4.75.11

During installation I have tunning configuration files as it described
in
http://www.mailscanner.info/postfix.html [2]
 But starting the
MailScanner I have got following logs in
 /var/log/maillog:

 %date%
%hostname% MailScanner[35039]: Could not use Custom Function code

/usr/local/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/LastSpam.pm, it

could not be "require"d. Make sure the last line is "1;" and the module is

correct with perl -wc (Error: Insecure dependency in require while running

with -T switch at /usr/local/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line

623.
 %date% %hostname% MailScanner[35039]: )
 %date% %hostname%
MailScanner[35039]: Could not use Custom Function code

/usr/local/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/GenericSpamScanner.pm,

it could not be "require"d. Make sure the last line is "1;" and the
module
 is correct with perl -wc (Error: Insecure dependency in require
while
 running with -T switch at
/usr/local/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm
 line 623.
 %date%
%hostname% MailScanner[35039]: )
 %date% %hostname% MailScanner[35039]:
Could not use Custom Function code

/usr/local/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/CustomAction.pm, it

could not be "require"d. Make sure the last line is "1;" and the module is

correct with perl -wc (Error: Insecure dependency in require while running

with -T switch at /usr/local/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line

623.

 .... and the same for all files in

/usr/local/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/ directory.

Searching through Google, I have found an answer:
 if perl script starts
with different real and effective user (root and
 postfix in my case), perl
enables taint mode automatically. Hmm.. I have
 set options "Run As User"
and "Run As Group" to root - this made
 MailScanner to start without any
errors in log. But when Mailscanner
 returns checked letter in postfix
incoming directory with root uid,
 postfix/qmgr cannot work with it because
of "Permission denied". Afterall,
 starting MailScanner with root
privileges is not good idea, I think.

 Any advices? What I have do
wrong?

 P.S. Starting perl with -U key provides more ugly messages in log.
I think
 its wrong idea.
--
 MailScanner mailing
list
mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
[3]
http://lists.mailscanner.info/mailman/listinfo/mailscanner [4]

 Before
posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting [5]

 Support
MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!

Links:
------
[1] mailto:serejk at febras.net
[2]