debugging Spammassassin

Ghetti, Ron Ron.Ghetti at town.barnstable.ma.us
Wed Jan 28 16:58:30 GMT 2009

Hello again,
 Hopefully, I have found something to work with.

 Some Background:
  Dell PowerEdge 2950 8gb
  Ubuntu 7.04
  Perl 5.8.8
  MailScanner 4.68.8
  Postfix 2.3.8
  SpamAssassin 3.2.4

 It's been running this way for several months, with decent performance.
 At Approx 10k messages per day.
 Typical day totals
 There were 10,767 Total messages Recieved.
 There were 4,225 Messages Queued for delivery.
 There were 4,328 Messages Delivered.
 There were 6,143 messages marked as spam.
 Lately though I'm finding the mail queue backed up with messages and
timeouts in the logs.

Here is some items from running a debug session:

10:30:50 Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 1088.
10:30:50 Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 1090.
10:30:50 [16928] dbg: config: read_scoreonly_config: cannot open "": No
such file or directory

10:31:57 [17013] dbg: rules: meta test DIGEST_MULTIPLE has undefined
dependency 'DCC_CHECK'

Probably time for upgrades I imagine but I'd like to determine the
problem before
Throwing upgrades into the mix and possibly creating other issues.

Any thoughts ?
Thanks
-Ron