Was: Upgrade fron 4.61.7 to 4.74.13-2

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jan 9 18:09:34 GMT 2009

on 1-9-2009 9:04 AM Dave Filchak spake the following:
> Kai,
>
> Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>> Dave Filchak wrote on Fri, 09 Jan 2009 00:14:24 -0500:
>>

>>> config: path "//.spamassassin/user_prefs" is inaccessible: Permission
>>> denied
>>>
>>> I still have no clue where this is being generated from as in the
>>> MailScanner.conf, the spamassassin local state directory is set to
>>> /var/spool/MailScanner and the permissions are set postfix:postfix
>>>

>> As I said already: your postfix homedir points to the wrong directory.
>> And this error is non-critical and doesn't need to be fixed.
>>

> Well I did fix this eventually. I did pix the postfix home directory
>>> The worst part is though, that I am not getting mail
>>>

>> Go thru the usual debugging steps - which means you start at the
>> beginning and remove the changes you made for MailScanner in postfix.
>> First thing you want to check if postfix still delivers fine without
>> MailScanner. If that is the case, then follow the tutorial I pointed
>> you already several times to.
>>
> I have gone through this tutorial. Several times in fact. And as far as
> making changes to postfix, remember that we have been using
> postfix/Mailscanner for several years now so no special changes were
> made at this point, to postfix. This was simply an upgrade of
> MailScanner, ClamAV and Spamasssassin. At this point I think most of my
> problem is that most non spam is being scored as spam (i.e. just above
> the 5 threshold) so it is being held in quarantine. Can you direct me to
> a good tutorial on fine tuning the filter rules?
>
>> Kai

I run at 5 for my low score, and I deliver low spam as an attachment and
subject tagged so my users can deal with it as they see fit. It still is only
a small subset of my total spam.
Do you have any score adjustments in your spam.assassin.prefs file?

Are you hitting a lot of bayes scoring that is wrong? If the bayes is wrong,
it is time to build a new bayes DB, or retrain it if you have a good corpus of
spam.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and