Upgrade fron 4.61.7 to 4.74.13-2

Dave Filchak dave.filchak at senecac.on.ca
Thu Jan 8 15:44:58 GMT 2009

Denis,

Denis Beauchemin wrote:
> Dave Filchak a écrit :
>> Denis,

>>> Dave,
>>>
>>> On my RHEL 4.6 server my SA files are located in
>>> /var/lib/spamassassin, so I would delete the ones in
>>> /etc/mail/spamassassin/updates*
>>>
>>> For your permission problem, you must be usins Postfix so try to
>>> access the file under the postfix user.
>>>
>>> Denis
>>>
>> In /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002005/updates_spamassassin_org there are
>> many of the rule files. There is also another bunch at
>> /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001001/updates_spamassassin_org, which is
>> from the previous version. Can I just delete this older directory?
>> When I move the rules in /etc/mail/spamassassin/ into a temp
>> directory, I no longer get that specific error but I am not sure if
>> the rules and spamassassin are functioning or not.
>>
>> As far as the permissions problem goes, I am using Postfix and
>> MailScanner is running as user Postfix but isn't it trying to access
>> the usr_prefs in the root home directory? I never did that before I
>> don't thing as I believe we were using local.cf for site wide prefs?
>>
>> Dave
>>

> Dave,
>
> Remove that directory from /etc/mail/spamassassin and test SA with
> "spamassassin --lint -D".  You should see lines such as:
> [13334] dbg: config: read file
> /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002005/updates_spamassassin_org/60_whitelist_dkim.cf
>

> I am not really sure how to debug for Postfix, but I would do "su -
> postfix" and then try "/usr/sbin/MailScanner --lint".
Unfortunately, the user Postfix is set to nologin (
postfix:x:80:80:Postfix Mail Server:/:/sbin/nologin ) so I cannot sudo
to it )

I believe it is running without errors now but is still trying to use
/root/,spamassassin/usr_prefs as the preference file. Now that could be
simply when you run --lint or --debug. There is a way to specify which
conf file to use when debugging .. isn't there?

Dave

--
Dave Filchak
Instructor, School of Communications Arts