Upgrade fron 4.61.7 to 4.74.13-2

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Jan 8 15:07:28 GMT 2009

Dave Filchak a écrit :
> Denis,
>
> Denis Beauchemin wrote:
>> submit at zuka.net a écrit :
>>> Right off the top I need to ask you all to bear with me. I have not
>>> had to administer my email server in a number of years as I had
>>> another person doing it. Now, he has left and so here I am trying to
>>> make this work and at this point, no mail is flowing but the mail
>>> queue is growing.
>>>
>>> I updated MailScanner and Clam/Spamassassin using Julian's install
>>> routines. All seemed to go OK but the mail queue seems to be stuck
>>> and I have a few errors when I lint the install. I know some other
>>> have had some issues with the mail queue after this upgrade but I am
>>> not sure it is the same issues here. I have been up all night trying
>>> to get this to work so I really could use some help with this.
>>>
>>> Here is the output of MailScanner --lint
>>>
>>> [root at rosewood ~]# MailScanner --lint
>>> Trying to setlogsock(unix)
>>> Read 848 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
>>> Read 4096 hostnames from the phishing blacklist
>>> Config: calling custom init function SQLBlacklist
>>> Starting up SQL Blacklist
>>> Read 3 blacklist entries
>>> Config: calling custom init function MailWatchLogging
>>> Started SQL Logging child
>>> Config: calling custom init function SQLWhitelist
>>> Starting up SQL Whitelist
>>> Read 60 whitelist entries
>>> Checking version numbers...
>>> Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.74.13) is correct.
>>>
>>> Your envelope_sender_header in spam.assassin.prefs.conf is correct.
>>> MailScanner setting GID to  (80)
>>> MailScanner setting UID to  (80)
>>>
>>> Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
>>> Using SpamAssassin results cache
>>> Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
>>> config: path "//.spamassassin/user_prefs" is inaccessible:
>>> Permission denied
>>>
>>>  ... obviously this one is an issue but not sure why it cannot
>>> access it.
>>>
>>> config: configuration file
>>> "/etc/mail/spamassassin/updates_spamassassin_org/20_advance_fee.cf"
>>> requires version 3.002003 of SpamAssassin, but this is code version
>>> 3.002005. Maybe you need to use the -C switch, or remove the old
>>> config files? Skipping this file at
>>> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/Parser.pm line
>>> 372.
>>> config: configuration file
>>> "/etc/mail/spamassassin/updates_spamassassin_org/20_advance_fee.cf"
>>> requires version 3.002003 of SpamAssassin, but this is code version
>>> 3.002005. Maybe you need to use the -C switch, or remove the old
>>> config files? Skipping this file
>>> config: configuration file
>>> "/etc/mail/spamassassin/updates_spamassassin_org/20_body_tests.cf"
>>> requires version 3.002003 of SpamAssassin, but this is code version
>>> 3.002005. Maybe you need to use the -C switch, or remove the old
>>> config files? Skipping this file at
>>> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/Parser.pm line
> [...]

Dave,

Remove that directory from /etc/mail/spamassassin and test SA with
"spamassassin --lint -D".  You should see lines such as:
[13334] dbg: config: read file
/var/lib/spamassassin/3.002005/updates_spamassassin_org/60_whitelist_dkim.cf

I am not really sure how to debug for Postfix, but I would do "su -
postfix" and then try "/usr/sbin/MailScanner --lint".

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste