selecting message that should go into MailScanner

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Feb 17 17:01:24 GMT 2009

on 2-17-2009 12:22 AM Glenn Steen spake the following:
> 2009/2/12 Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>:
>> on 2-12-2009 5:53 AM Glenn Steen spake the following:
>>> No, I missed that...:). Am in a state of chock, since my employer
>>> decided to lay off 1/3 of all employees... not me though.
>> Sometimes being "left behind" is just as bad. Now your remaining work force
>> has to do the work of those 1/3, but not get any more money!
>>
> Yeah... and we need move to smaller facilities, since these offices
> are way to roomy. == more work... of the "manual labour" variant.
> Oh well. I guess I just have to get over it and get back to it all:).
> Cheers and thanks for the thought!

We are planning a move in June or July to a new facility at one of our
offices. A single building instead of the mix of 60 year old buildings we are
currently "shoehorned" into. I have servers stuffed in closets here and cat5
running in old conduits vacated by twinax cabling.  So roomy isn't a word we
use here.

So I am planning for a several week migration just in case. I have to figure
out how to keep telephone and networking running between the new and the old
location. We have a 10 mb Tsunami radio link between the sites right now so I
will probably tunnel over that. The plus is I finally have a real server room,
so the equipment gets to "come out of the closet".

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and