selecting message that should go into MailScanner

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Thu Feb 12 13:46:04 GMT 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 01:26:41PM +0100, Glenn Steen wrote:
> 2009/2/12 Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>:
> > I think you should direct your question to a postfix list if you want to
> > do this in postfix. If you want to exemt mail in MS from scanning you want
> > to use
> > Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules
> >
> > Kai
> Actually.... SInce Hugo van der Koij has made a very successful
> "selective postfix" setup, and posted it here... this list isn't a bad
> choice:-). At least not when it comes to finding that solution.
> Basically one would replace the header checks with a rather specific
> access map instead... Lets see if I can find the reference...
> Here you go http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/email/mailscanner.htm#HOLD
>
> (and yes, this was addressed both to Alessandro and you Kai:-):-)
> Cheers

ehm... sure, that's the link I reported in my original mail that I tried to
implement. I tried to follow it but I can't really get it working. I don't
think that's fault of the recepe but I must be doing something silly so that
no messages gets into the rule even if I use:

 /.*/                                    HOLD
 /^$/                                    HOLD

I admit this is almost a postfix question but I thuoght this is interesting
for this list and probably there is real knowledge on this subject here.

Personally I don't like the idea of letting it into MailScanner. There's no
point in Scanning 50.000 email in a newsletter not even just for
phishing/virus: the're all the same!!!

Thanks anyhow for the hints on the ruleset, I'll use that in the meanwhile.

sandro
*:-)

--
Sandro Dentella  *:-)