Multiple incoming and outgoing queue directories

Zaeem Arshad zaeem.arshad at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 08:02:36 IST 2009

Hi,
I have a requirement where I have multiple postfix instances running on the
same box. Instance 1 has its directory structure in /queue1 while instance
2's postfix dir structure is in /queue2. Both directories are on separate
partitions. I have tried setting up a file containing a list of the hold
directories but MailScanner complains that the directories need to be on the
same filesystem as the outgoing work dir. Why is that so? Also, is it
possible to have multiple outgoing queue directories so that mailscanner can
scan files in /queue1/hold and place them in /queue1/postfix/incoming and
same for the second instance?

Thanks

Zaeem