lstat() failed on: /mnt/ramdisk/... (Martin Hepworth)

Jules Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Aug 4 19:07:39 IST 2009

On 04/08/2009 17:47, Dave Jones wrote:
>> try changing the type of tnef scanner, if the external binary change it to
>> the internal one and/or vice versa
>>
> I changed it from external to internal and the problem is resolved.
> Thanks for your help Martin.
>
> Now the problem I have is some messages (one or two per hour out of
> roughly 10 thousand) are now killing MailScanner
Recent versions of MailScanner have denial-of-service protection systems
in them so that individual messages cannot kill MailScanner. Look for
the string "Processing Attempts" in MailScanner.conf and you will find
the settings that control it.

>   so I am getting user
> complaints about receiving that notification instead of the email
> that was sent.  I have disabled TNEF for now until I can figure out
> what is wrong with these emails.  I will search the archives for any
> ideas and to become more familiar with this new DOS detection
> feature.
>
> > From what I can tell so far, I think the problem is coming from older
> Outlook clients.
>

>> --
>> Martin Hepworth
>> Oxford, UK

>>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner/71122/focus=71160

>>> I upgraded MailScanner to version 4.77.10-1 a few weeks ago and still
>>> have thousands of these errors in the maillog.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Need help customising MailScanner?