Preventing multple signatures in email conversation?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Apr 28 23:06:16 IST 2009

Kevin Miller wrote on Tue, 28 Apr 2009 08:29:13 -0800:

> What's a "QP" message?

quoted-printable

> Interestingly, the MailScanner footer is preceeded by dash dash space
> and doesn't appear in the reply.  You're signature just has dashes
> but I presume it originally had a space following.

Right.

So where is that
> getting stripped?  Do email clients parse from the bottom up until
> they see the last instance of dash dash space and then change any
> others to just dual dashes?

Yes, it looks like that. My client is doing the same. I thought it's the
QP, but it's the duplicate signature marker.
No message should have two signature seperators. I would have already
complained with Julian, if I had a better solution ;-)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany