Preventing multple signatures in email conversation?

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Tue Apr 28 17:29:13 IST 2009

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Kevin Miller wrote on Mon, 27 Apr 2009 08:37:00 -0800:
>
>> Yes - change the above "dash dash" to "dash dash space".
>
> look again. The separator is correct. It's a QP message.
>
> Kai
>
> --
> Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
> Get your web at Conactive Internet Services: http://www.conactive.com

What's a "QP" message?

Interestingly, the MailScanner footer is preceeded by dash dash space and doesn't appear in the reply.  You're signature just has dashes but I presume it originally had a space following.  So where is that getting stripped?  Do email clients parse from the bottom up until they see the last instance of dash dash space and then change any others to just dual dashes?

I'm reading the list with Outlook 2003.  Not sure what happens in other clients...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500