Maximum Processing Attempts

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Apr 28 10:31:19 IST 2009

Julian Field wrote on Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:40:16 +0100:

> Should I leave it switched on by default, so heavily loaded sites can
> switch it off to gain that extra bit of performance, at the cost of a
> potential reliability hit?

>From the past discussion I think it is mainly those heavy-traffic sites
that would benefit from it. I think we had exactly two folks mentioning a
problem with occasional messages getting not processed somehow. Both with
high-volume sites. So, the majority does not need this feature to be on.
On the other hand, exactly those people who need it will also be hit most
by the performance hit (as small as it may be).
Unfortunately none of them participated in the recent discussion.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany