OT: Bounced Email

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at trunknetworks.com
Mon Apr 27 13:43:34 IST 2009

On 27 Apr 2009, at 10:17, Kai Schaetzl wrote:

> Drew, could you please fix your message headers? They are seriously
> broken. You send the wrong References and In-Reply-To headers, so that
> your messages don't thread correctly. Furthermore, you don't send any
> message-id, so the mailing-list server is forced to add one.
> It actually looks like you are adding the "would-be" message-id to the
> References and In-Reply-To headers instead of the replied-to message-
> id.
> Thus the message-id referenced there never exists.
> Going back in the list this started with your first posting in Feb.
> 2009.

Hi Kai

I would love to but I'm not sure what has changed. I am using the same
Mac Mail app that I was in Feb (Although there might have been an
update to it that I have not recognised).

The copy that I received had the following References header:
 > <EMEW3|97d11d78e569a39a16dcaae78aa2e574l3PJWG0bMailScanner|ecs.soton.ac.uk|060109 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
 > <20090426185257.2AC1F1702E at out-b.mx.mail-launder.com>

Which looks ok to me and should allow threading, certainly Mail has
not broken the thread at my end. Other than to say sorry, I'm not sure
what else to kick at the moment.

Drew