Stop incoming mail if message queue exceeds set value

Gary Pentland gary at sgluk.com
Mon Apr 27 12:02:16 IST 2009

Well, there are many options... confMAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN, and confCONNECTION_RATE_THROTTLE will control how many open connections / concurrently accepted connections there are...  Setting these low(ish)will help.

http://www.milter.info/sendmail/milter-limit/  is another option.

Depending on what you want to achieve, and how big your budget is, some proper network load balancing may be another answer.

Gary