MCP doesn't work anymore

Jason Voorhees jvoorhees1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 16:12:09 IST 2008

Hi all:

I'm running MailScanner 4.71.10 and I have a custom MCP rule in
/etc/MailScanner/mcp/20_publicidad.cf to block emails containing
"publicidad" in the Subject.
That MCP rule was working without problems but today it suddenly stopped
working. I can see too many emails containing "publicidad" that are not
being matched by the MCP rule.

I had similar problems with MailScanner package provided by Debian Etch
4.0r3.

Is there a way to know why MCP isn't working? Can I do some manual test
to check if my MailScanner configuration is fine?

MailScanner --lint doesn't show any errors related to MCP nor
SpamAssassin :(

Thanks, bytes :)