Start failure due to Compress/Zlib.pm line 9

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at rtpty.com
Thu Sep 25 05:39:49 IST 2008

Try this:

killall -9 MailScanner
killall -9 sendmail
sendmail -bd -q5m
sendmail -O QueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in (this should take a
long long time)
(this assumes you're running sendmail)

That should take care of mail for now - if your sendmail's properly
configured you're still blocking a lot of spam at the MTA level.

Then go back and run:

MailScanner --lint

Take note of where it chokes. That's your starting point. Paste it
here, you'll probably get some help. You should also include things
like OS, architecture, type of install, etc.