Italian spam

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 9 17:26:31 IST 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 03:26:06PM +0200, Marcello Anderlini wrote:
> Hello, in my /etc/Mailscanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
>
> I have just this commented line:
> #bayes_path                 /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes

Do you have any uncommented bayes settings in spam.assassin.prefs.conf?

In particular, 'use_bayes'.  What does

 grep bayes /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf |grep -v ^#

show?

> I have look all around and I don't found any bayes.mutex file.
> I have found only these files in /root/.spamassassin
> ==============
> -rw-------  1 root root       168 Sep  9 15:23 bayes_journal
> -rw-------  1 root root 172904448 Sep  9 15:23 bayes_seen
> -rw-------  1 root root   9105408 Sep  9 11:07 bayes_toks
>
> I can set sa-learn to use this directory ?

if sa-learn is run by root without specifying a configuration file,
it will use this directory by default.

You can verify by noting if the timestamps are updated when you run
sa.learn.

--
Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro net       The highway is for gamblers,