Italian spam

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Sep 9 17:42:26 IST 2008

<snip>
>> I can set sa-learn to use this directory ?
>

> if sa-learn is run by root without specifying a configuration file,
> it will use this directory by default.

More recent versions of MailScanner have fixed this by adding a symlink from
the spamassassin.prefs.conf file to the spamassassin home directory (usually
/etc/mail/spamassassin named mailscanner.cf. This makes spamassaasin run from
the command line use the same settings as when mailscanner runs it.
You will also need to un comment that bayes path, and if you want to keep your
existing bayes data you will want to dump/restore it or otherwise move it to
the new path. This is especially important if you run a MTA other than
sendmail, as most other MTA's don't run as root, and will not have access to
/root/.spamassassin

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and