R: R: Italian spam

Sergio Rabellino rabellino at di.unito.it
Tue Sep 9 15:06:14 IST 2008

I thinks you must set the directory once in
/etc/Mailscanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf, so you definitely choose a
directory where bayes will store the database.
I do not suggest an hidden directory, or the risk is that you will
forgot everything in a week.... or less.

then launch (as an user that can write into that dir )
 sa-learn --no-sync -C /etc/Mailscanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf < spam.eml
... once for every message...
 sa-learn --sync

and your Mailscanner will see the modified bayes db.
I ask the experts on this lists if the procedure is formally correct.

Bye.

Marcello Anderlini ha scritto:
> Hello, in my /etc/Mailscanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
>
> I have just this commented line:
> #bayes_path                 /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes
>
> I have look all around and I don't found any bayes.mutex file.
> I have found only these files in /root/.spamassassin
> ==============
> -rw-------  1 root root       168 Sep  9 15:23 bayes_journal
> -rw-------  1 root root 172904448 Sep  9 15:23 bayes_seen
> -rw-------  1 root root   9105408 Sep  9 11:07 bayes_toks
> ==============
>
> I can set sa-learn to use this directory ?
>
> thanks a lot
>
> Dr. Marcello Anderlini
> m.anderlini at database.it <mailto:m.anderlini at database.it>
> Database Informatica S.r.l.