Looking for a test mail generator (unthreaded)

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Sep 8 17:59:20 IST 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 12:34:58PM -0400, Stephen Swaney wrote:
> Look at http://www.snertsoft.com/sendmail/roundhouse/
>
> I quote from Anthony Howe's site:
>
> "This is an SMTP multiplexer, which takes the input from an SMTP client
> connection and copies it to one or more SMTP servers. Intended as means
> to debug and test different mail server configurations using a
> production mail server's live data stream."
>
> You can test with your real mail stream:)

I think someone else suggested that, in a query that I posted somewhere
else last week.  The problem is that part of what I need to test is the
new server's ability to both terminate some mailboxes in the domain, and
pass others through to my Exchange server that I can't kill yet.

And that approach would cause me to end up with dupes on every message.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Josef Stalin)