ClamAV 0.94

Jose Julian Buda jbuda at noticiasargentinas.com
Mon Sep 8 16:28:11 IST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Denis Beauchemin" <Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca>
To: "MailScanner discussion" <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: ClamAV 0.94

Jose Julian Buda a écrit :

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Hayes" <dominian at slackadelic.com>

>>> Mailscanner
>>> Clamav
>>>
>>> Yesterday it work fine catching virus, but todat  i've made an upgrade
>>> from clamav 0.93 to 0.94 and then
>>> the process stop catching mail with virus, i mean , the mails are stoped
>>> anyway by "No programs allowed" with mailscanner because of the
>>> extensions file, but there is not any message or report from "ClamAv".
>>>
>>> I have a txt file with eicar string , if i run on server:
>>>
>>> cat filewitheicar.txt | mail jbuda at noticiasargentinas.com
>>>
>>> the mail pass through the mailscanner and the workstation's antivirus
>>> alert me abourt the eicar strings.
>>>
>>> Why the mailscanner stop using clamav?
>>>
>>> Thank you any help about this.
>>>
>>> Sorry about my english
>>>
>>> Jose Julian Buda
>>
>> Did you restart MailScanner after upgrading clamav?
>>
>> -Matt
>> --

> Yes, i did.
> How can a see if the mailscanner call the clamscan program?
>

> Thank you
> Jose Julian Buda
Jose Julian,

How about "MailScanner --lint" ?  See the output it gives on my system:
MailScanner --lint
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.63.2) is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
SpamAssassin temp dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = auto"
Found these virus scanners installed: bitdefender, clamd, mcafee
Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
Virus Scanner test reports:
Clamd said "eicar.com was infected: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND"
Bitdefender said "Found virus EICAR-Test-File (not a virus) in file
eicar.com"
McAfee said "/1/eicar.com        Found: EICAR test file NOT a virus."

If any of your virus scanners (bitdefender,clamd,mcafee)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste

__________ Información de NOD32, revisión 3424 (20080907) __________

Este mensaje ha sido analizado con  NOD32 antivirus system
http://www.nod32.com

This is what i get :

proxymails:~# MailScanner --lint
Read 748 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
MailScanner setting GID to  (104)
MailScanner setting UID to  (100)

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
Using locktype = flock
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamav"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamav
proxymails:~#

But the clamav is not triggered anyway
I have changed to "Virus Scanners = auto" , it detect clamav , but the
problem persist

Thank you
Jose Julian Buda