ClamAV 0.94

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Mon Sep 8 16:10:30 IST 2008

Jose Julian Buda a écrit :

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Hayes"
> <dominian at slackadelic.com>

>>> Mailscanner
>>> Clamav
>>>
>>> Yesterday it work fine catching virus, but todat  i've made an upgrade
>>> from clamav 0.93 to 0.94 and then
>>> the process stop catching mail with virus, i mean , the mails are
>>> stoped
>>> anyway by "No programs allowed" with mailscanner because of the
>>> extensions file, but there is not any message or report from "ClamAv".
>>>
>>> I have a txt file with eicar string , if i run on server:
>>>
>>> cat filewitheicar.txt | mail jbuda at noticiasargentinas.com
>>>
>>> the mail pass through the mailscanner and the workstation's antivirus
>>> alert me abourt the eicar strings.
>>>
>>> Why the mailscanner stop using clamav?
>>>
>>> Thank you any help about this.
>>>
>>> Sorry about my english
>>>
>>> Jose Julian Buda
>>
>> Did you restart MailScanner after upgrading clamav?
>>
>> -Matt
>> --

> Yes, i did.
> How can a see if the mailscanner call the clamscan program?
>

> Thank you
> Jose Julian Buda
Jose Julian,

How about "MailScanner --lint" ?  See the output it gives on my system:
MailScanner --lint
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.63.2) is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
SpamAssassin temp dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = auto"
Found these virus scanners installed: bitdefender, clamd, mcafee
Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
Virus Scanner test reports:
Clamd said "eicar.com was infected: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND"
Bitdefender said "Found virus EICAR-Test-File (not a virus) in file
eicar.com"
McAfee said "/1/eicar.com        Found: EICAR test file NOT a virus."

If any of your virus scanners (bitdefender,clamd,mcafee)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste