Italian spam

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Sep 6 01:54:01 IST 2008

Marcello Anderlini wrote:

>I suspect then that my bayes filter is not working correctly.
>I dayly try to istruct spamassasin using
>sa-learn --spam --mbox /var/mail/spam and
>sa-learn --ham --mbox /var/mail/notspam
>
>But it still scores that kind of spam as non spam, ...

Where are the files

bayes.mutex
bayes_journal
bayes_toks
bayes_seen

In my case, the files that spamassassin uses when invoked by
MailScanner are

/var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/bayes.mutex
/var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/bayes_journal
/var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/bayes_toks
/var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/bayes_seen

However if I were to run sa-learn as userx, the files that would be
updated are in /home/userx/.spamassassin.

In my case also, I use spamd so I use for example

/usr/bin/spamc -u postfix -L spam < message

to learn a message as spam. You may have to experiment with the -u
option on sa-learn to get it to update the right bayes database.