help required in upgrading MS

Benedict simon simon at kmun.gov.kw
Fri Oct 31 19:03:10 GMT 2008

> on 10-31-2008 11:12 AM Benedict simon spake the following:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I Have the following setup running fine for about a year or so on a
>> single
>> server.
>>
>> Centos 5 (final)
>> DNS bind-9.3.4-6.0.2.P1.el5_2 as my DNS server
>> sendmail-8.13.8-2.el5 as my mail server
>> MailScanner ver 4.66.5
>> jules easy package Clam-0.92-SA-3.2.4
>> pyzor-0.4.0
>> razor-agents-2.84
>> mailwatch-1.0.4
>> httpd-2.2.3-11.el5_1
>>
>> all the above is workin fine .
>>
>> now i would like to upgrde to the latest MS stable version and also the
>> stable clamav 0.94 nd SA 3.2.5 package
>>
>> since this is  live server i wd highly apprecite if  cd get some advice
>> steps about upgrading the MS version to the latest stable version and
>> also
>> the other required pckages
>>
>> i have gone throguh the wiki n upgrade instructions but was still a
>> little
>> confused
>>
>> wd relly apprecite your help
>>
>> MS was installed from tar.gz package
>>

>> regards
>>
>> simon
>>

> If the machine can be offline for about 10 minutes it is easy.
>
> stop mailscanner. If you don't have a backup MX you can start incoming
> (service MailScanner startin)
>
> Back up current if you want (there is a script available on the wiki
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index#upgrade_rpm )
>
> Unpack and install clam-sa package
> unpack and install MailScanner package
>
> service MailScanner restart
>
> tail maillog to see if everything is working
>
> Pat self on back and get cup of coffee.

Thanks Scott ,

really apprecite for your immediate quick reply
by the way i cn get the Mil Server down even for 30 min or so  .... simon
smiles

also i do have a secondary mail server

jus wanna know about the pyxor n razor utilities .. can i jus upgrade them
as per install docs??
any chnges need to be done in mailwatch

thnks once again

regards