help required in upgrading MS

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Oct 31 21:45:52 GMT 2008

on 10-31-2008 12:03 PM Benedict simon spake the following:
>> on 10-31-2008 11:12 AM Benedict simon spake the following:
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I Have the following setup running fine for about a year or so on a
>>> single
>>> server.
>>>
>>> Centos 5 (final)
>>> DNS bind-9.3.4-6.0.2.P1.el5_2 as my DNS server
>>> sendmail-8.13.8-2.el5 as my mail server
>>> MailScanner ver 4.66.5
>>> jules easy package Clam-0.92-SA-3.2.4
>>> pyzor-0.4.0
>>> razor-agents-2.84
>>> mailwatch-1.0.4
>>> httpd-2.2.3-11.el5_1
>>>
>>> all the above is workin fine .
>>>
>>> now i would like to upgrde to the latest MS stable version and also the
>>> stable clamav 0.94 nd SA 3.2.5 package
>>>
>>> since this is  live server i wd highly apprecite if  cd get some advice
>>> steps about upgrading the MS version to the latest stable version and
>>> also
>>> the other required pckages
>>>
>>> i have gone throguh the wiki n upgrade instructions but was still a
>>> little
>>> confused
>>>
>>> wd relly apprecite your help
>>>
>>> MS was installed from tar.gz package
>>>

>>> regards
>>>
>>> simon
>>>

>> If the machine can be offline for about 10 minutes it is easy.
>>
>> stop mailscanner. If you don't have a backup MX you can start incoming
>> (service MailScanner startin)
>>
>> Back up current if you want (there is a script available on the wiki
>> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index#upgrade_rpm )
>>
>> Unpack and install clam-sa package
>> unpack and install MailScanner package
>>
>> service MailScanner restart
>>
>> tail maillog to see if everything is working
>>
>> Pat self on back and get cup of coffee.
>>
> Thanks Scott ,
>
> really apprecite for your immediate quick reply
> by the way i cn get the Mil Server down even for 30 min or so  .... simon
> smiles
>
> also i do have a secondary mail server
>
> jus wanna know about the pyxor n razor utilities .. can i jus upgrade them
> as per install docs??
> any chnges need to be done in mailwatch
>
> thnks once again
>
> regards
>
> simon
I hadn't noticed that pyzor or Razor had an update. But you should be able to
upgrade them at the same time. If you are installing them where they haven't
been before, then you do have to enable them in spamassassin.

When you install Julian's clam-sa package, I do believe it tells you what you
have to do at the end of the install script.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and