help required in upgrading MS

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Oct 31 18:23:04 GMT 2008

on 10-31-2008 11:12 AM Benedict simon spake the following:
> Dear All,
>
> I Have the following setup running fine for about a year or so on a single
> server.
>
> Centos 5 (final)
> DNS bind-9.3.4-6.0.2.P1.el5_2 as my DNS server
> sendmail-8.13.8-2.el5 as my mail server
> MailScanner ver 4.66.5
> jules easy package Clam-0.92-SA-3.2.4
> pyzor-0.4.0
> razor-agents-2.84
> mailwatch-1.0.4
> httpd-2.2.3-11.el5_1
>
> all the above is workin fine .
>
> now i would like to upgrde to the latest MS stable version and also the
> stable clamav 0.94 nd SA 3.2.5 package
>
> since this is  live server i wd highly apprecite if  cd get some advice n
> steps about upgrading the MS version to the latest stable version and also
> the other required pckages
>
> i have gone throguh the wiki n upgrade instructions but was still a little
> confused
>
> wd relly apprecite your help
>
> MS was installed from tar.gz package
>

> regards
>
> simon

If the machine can be offline for about 10 minutes it is easy.

stop mailscanner. If you don't have a backup MX you can start incoming
(service MailScanner startin)

Back up current if you want (there is a script available on the wiki
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index#upgrade_rpm )

Unpack and install clam-sa package
unpack and install MailScanner package

service MailScanner restart

tail maillog to see if everything is working

Pat self on back and get cup of coffee.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and